Invitation to Submit
On behalf of the Program Committee, we invite you to submit an abstract for presentation at the 4th International Symposium on the Ocean in a High-CO2 World.
This Symposium is a gathering of the world’s leading experts in a rapidly developing frontier of research dealing with the science of ocean acidification.
This is the first time the Symposium will be held in the Southern Hemisphere and will highlight the importance of ocean acidification for the region. The symposia typically attract over 500 participants and are prime networking events, bringing together researchers, students, and government and industry representatives.
Authors are invited to submit 300 word abstracts for possible inclusion in the Symposium program. Abstracts selected for both oral presentations and posters will be made available online.
Themes & Sessions
- Organism responses to Ocean Acidification
- Ecological effects of Ocean Acidification
- Changing carbonate chemistry of the Ocean
- Advances in Ocean Acidification research and monitoring
- Ocean Acidification and society – economics and food security
- Mitigation of Ocean Acidification
- Ocean Acidification and the increasingly crowded ocean – global change multistessors
Review Process & Acceptance
The Science Steering Committee will review all submitted abstracts.
As there are limited places for oral presentations some abstracts submitted for oral presentation will be considered for a poster. Authors in these cases will be advised and asked to confirm whether they wish to present a poster.
We anticipate oral presentations will be allocated 15 minutes, which includes 3 minutes for question time.
Posters will be A0 size in portrait orientation (84.1cm wide x 118.9cm high) (33.11 x 46.81 inches).
Posters will be displayed in themed groups for the duration of the symposium in the same room as the catering.
There will be dedicated poster sessions held following the oral presentations on two days. Each presenter will be allocated one of the sessions to attend their poster and discuss it with delegates.
A PDF of each poster will also be included in the Symposium app.
Abstract Formatting Instructions
Use the .doc template (MS Word or compatible) to prepare your abstract.
- Bold, 12 point Arial font, centre alignment, capitalise main words.
- 12 point Arial font, fully justified. A line should be placed between the title and authors. Full names of authors should be listed and middle initials provided if applicable, underline the presenting author’s name.
- Author affiliations should be numbered and shown in superscript after the last name of each author. Numbers should be separated by commas when there is more than one affiliation.
- Each affiliation should appear on a separate line and be numbered.
- Double space between author affiliations and abstract text.
- 12 point Arial font, justified. Abstract text should be limited to 300 words (including the sub-headings but excluding the title, authors and author affiliations).
All presenters will be required to register for the conference and pay the appropriate registration fee. Presenters also need to meet their own travel and accommodation costs.
Each session room will be equipped for the presentation of PowerPoint slides and include a data projector, computer with external speakers, lectern and microphone.
Presenters will take their Power Point slides to the meeting on a memory stick, where an audiovisual technician will load your presentation.
Video and audio clips should be embedded in your Power Point slides rather than linking to external files.
All slides will be run from a central presentation computer. However, if you have a complex presentation, which includes multiple media files, we suggest you bring your own laptop as a backup in case of difficulties loading your presentation.